Weddings are events that bring together all your loved ones near and far.
Most wedding celebrations will include guests, family and friends, from out-of-town.
The bride and groom, and their respective families will surely want to take care of these people the best they can and thank them for their presence.
Here are some ways to make your guests feel welcome and have a great time:
- Make a list of your out-of-town guests that you would like to invite and send them a Save-the-Date card or notice once you have set the date. The sooner they know when the wedding will be the more preparation time they have.
- For these guests, make sure to include a map of the area and all the places around the ceremony & reception venues.
- Make a list of hotels that you recommend, but make sue to include a few different price ranges. Call the hotels in advance and ask for a special wedding group rate. When guests mention the wedding group title, they will receive the special rate. Include this information in your invite.
- When you know where your guests are staying, prepare welcome baskets to be delivered to their hotel room upon their day of arrival. Include sweet and savory snacks, bottled water and a welcome note.
- Make a list of activities for your guests to enjoy, such as restaurants, cafes, shopping, landmarks...
- If time allows, schedule an out-of-towner lunch or dinner so you may spend time with them before the wedding Alternatively, you may also have a wedding-day-after brunch to thank guests and say farewell.
For ideas on welcome wedding packages and help on caring for guests:
Have a blast!